The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) releases food and drug recall notices to help consumers stay informed. Sign up to receive email notifications of Recalls, Market Withdrawals, and Safety Alerts.
Boost Tea Recalled
On March 11, Awareness Corp. issued a food recall on containers of Boost Tea due to possibility of Salmonella contamination. Infection of Salmonella bacteria can cause serious illness and even death. Young children, elderly persons, and other people with weak immune systems are at the most risk. Someone infected with Salmonella may experience symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
7.4 ounce containers of Boost Tea are affected by this food recall. Distributed nationwide, the affected product may be identified by a “Lot #022615” marking on the bottom panel of the white plastic container and an expiration date of 10/17. The recalled tea may be returned to place of purchase for a full refund.
The FDA posted a food recall on March 10 for in-shell and shelled pistachios by Wonderful Pistachios. The pistachios are linked to a Salmonella outbreak, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Eleven cases of Salmonella infection have been reported.
Multiple flavors and package sizes are affected by this food recall. The Salmonella infected pistachios were sold to retailers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Peru under three brands: Wonderful, Paramount Farms, and Trader Joe’s.
Recall by Nestle
Nestle USA issued a voluntary recall on multiple DiGiorno Pizza, Lean Cuisine, and Stouffer’s products as they may be contaminated with glass pieces. Consumers are advised to check the production code on the following foods:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
No injuries have been reported in connection with the recalled items.