2016 OC Sewing
Come Sew With Us
Angela Morris, Oldham County Master Clothing Volunteer, has lots of new ideas to share with more classes this year. Be sure to check out her topics, supply lists, dates, and times for great sewing projects!
Monday, September 26, 4-8pm ♦ Sewing Organizers
- 3/4 yard outer fabric (If using one-way design, you will need more)
- 3/4 yard lining fabric
- 3/4 yard thin batting
- 2 packages wide double fold bias tape (or make your own bias: 2 1/4 inch by 4 1/2 yards)
- one decorative button to hang thread catcher
- (optional) two 6 x 8 inch pieces of clear vinyl
Monday, October 24, 4-8pm ♦ Scarfs or Shawls
You will need:
- 4 yards soft flowy fabric
- thread to match
Monday, November 28, 4-8pm ♦ Place Mats or Table Runners
- 1 1/2 yard light colored top fabric
- 1 1/2 yard thin batting
- 1 3/4 yard backing and binding fabric
- several small scraps of fabric for applique (10 x 10 inch should do)
- 1 yard fusible web
Sew With Your Kid
Is teaching your child to sew on your to-do list? Here is your chance to sew along with your child.
Each parent child team will construct a pillow case and laundry bag. All supplies will be provided with registration fee of $30.00. Join us from 4:15 to 6:15 on Tuesday, September 27 for pillow cases and Tuesday, October 4th for laundry bags. Call 222-9453 to register.