The following Family & Consumer Science article first printed in the Spring 2017 edition of the quarterly Oldham County Extension newsletter.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients become wet. Be careful not to over stir.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop heaping tablespoon of batter onto prepared griddle. Cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble. Continue cooking until the other side is golden brown. Repeat process, making 12 pancakes.
About Amazing Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Cost per recipe: $3.45
Cost per serving: $0.58
Nutrition facts (optional nuts not included) per serving: 260 calories, 8 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 9 g protein, 170% Daily Value (DV) vitamin A, 10% DV calcium, 10% DV iron
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Curriculum Coordinator for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Find other healthy recipes on the Oldham County Extension website.
13 thoughts on “Amazing Pancakes Recipe”
My brother recommended I may like this blog. He is totally right. This post actually made my day. You can’t imagine just how much time I had spent looking for this info! Thanks!
Aww, glad to hear you’re enjoying the Oldham County Extension blog! I hope you continue to find useful information like this healthy, delicious recipe.
Currently it seems like Movable Type is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
(from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?
No, we’re using WordPress for the Oldham County Extension blog. It seems to be working well for us so far. Do you have any comments or suggestions for improvement? What did you think of the Amazing Pancakes Recipe blog post?
Sounds interesting. We might give your Amazing Pancakes recipe a try for National Pancakes Day.
Happy National Pancakes Day! Let us know what you think of our healthy pancakes recipe.
Pingback: Cook Flavorful Food With Fewer Calories | Oldham County Cooperative Extension Blog
Pancakes with sweet potatoes sound very good, healthy
Hello, yummy pancakes
Aw, this is a very nice blog with great recipes. I would like to try these amazing pancakes for myself.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the Oldham County Extension blog! Let us know how you like these Amazing Pancakes after you give them a try.
Pingback: BBQ Sweet Potato Nachos Recipe | Oldham County Cooperative Extension Blog
Pingback: Sweet Potato Pumpkin Soup Recipe | Oldham County Cooperative Extension Blog