Asian Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Yield: 4, ½ cup servings
- Snap off and discard the root ends of the asparagus.
- Wash remaining stalks thoroughly.
- Slice stalks into 1½ inch lengths on the diagonal.
- Blanch asparagus for 1-3 minutes in boiling water, until bright green in color.
- Cool immediately under cold water and drain.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, olive oil, and sesame seeds in a small glass bowl. Mix dressing until sugar is dissolved.
- In a gallon zip-seal bag, add asparagus and dressing. Turn bag to coat asparagus with dressing and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Turn bag again and chill for an additional 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: 70 calories, 4.5 g fat, .5 g sat. fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein