Barbecue Sweet Potato Nachos
- 2 sweet potatoes (long and evenly round is ideal), washed and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- Optional: 1/2 avocado, pit removed and diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread sweet potato rounds on a large sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 10-15 minutes, toss and continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for dressing in small bowl.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Sprinkle onion, black beans, bell pepper, and avocado (if using) over the sweet potatoes and let cool.
- Drizzle with dressing or use dressing to dip.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Cost per recipe: $4.56
Cost per serving: $1.14
Nutrition facts per serving: 300 calories; 12g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 710mg sodium; 40g carbohydrate; 9g fiber; 8g sugar; 0g added sugar; 10g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.
Sources: Katie Shoultz, NEP Marketing and Media Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — SNAP.