Do Not Mix These Chemicals
Many effective cleaning products get rid of dirt, grime, and germs. Although these products work when used properly, some of us feel the need to give our cleaners a “boost” by adding other ingredients to increase cleaning power. This can be a problem because mixing cleaners and chemicals often produces toxic fumes or vapors. Here is a list of chemicals you should not mix nor add to other products.
Most importantly BLEACH should only be mixed with water.
Do not mix:
- Bleach + Ammonia = TOXIC Vapors
- Bleach + Rubbing Alcohol = Chloroform (No need to create this!)
- Bleach + Toilet Bowl Cleaners = TOXIC Fumes
- Bleach + Vinegar = TOXIC Vapors
- Hydrogen Peroxide + Vinegar = Corrosive Irritant
- 2 Different Types of Drain Cleaners = Explosive Chlorine Gas