Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings
Fall Harvest Salad Ingredients
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Kentucky honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Fall Harvest Salad Directions
- Combine leaf lettuce and spinach leaves in a large salad bowl. Mix apples and pears with lemon juice in a small bowl and add to lettuce mixture.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and salt; pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salad with cranberries, feta cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts per serving: 130 calories, 9 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 240 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 3 g protein
Fall Harvest Salad Video Demonstration
Source: Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students.