Yield: 12 (1/2 cup) servings
Fiesta Potatoes Ingredients
- 8 small to medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Fiesta Potatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes, bell peppers, and onion in a medium pan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Drain the vegetables and place in a mixing bowl. Stir in the cheese, margarine, milk, and seasonings until combined.
- Spread the mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick coating. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutritional facts per serving: 200 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 9 g protein
Fiesta Potatoes Video Demonstration
Source: Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students.