Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 12 minutes per baking sheet
Makes: 48 cookies
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (or about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any type)
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and salt together. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by a tablespoon onto a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the tops are dry and begin to brown.
Note: Refrigerate or freeze leftover cookies in a sealed container. They will remain fresh for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or 4 to 6 weeks in the freezer.
Nutrition facts per serving: 190 calories, 8 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 27 g total carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 14 g total sugars, includes 9 g added sugars, 3 g protein, 48 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 160 mg potassium, 145 mcg of vitamin A, 1 mg of vitamin C
Sources: Food Hero, Oregon State University