Yield: 6 (1 cup) servings
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Meal Ingredients
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12-14 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Meal Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in a heavy, oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables and stir gently to combine. Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. If skillet or pan is not oven-safe, transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine half-and-half, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
Nutritional facts per serving: 220 calories, 9 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugars, 23 g protein
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Meal Video Demonstration
Source: Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students.