Yield: 10 servings
Confetti Chicken Quesadillas Ingredients
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 (10 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional: 1 tablespoon hot pepper, minced
Confetti Chicken Quesadillas Directions
- Preheat the broiler and prepare baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Toss the diced chicken with the fajita seasoning and place on the baking sheet. Spread chopped peppers on baking sheet. Place under the broiler and broil until the chicken pieces are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Brush skillet with oil and heat to medium.
- Place one tortilla in skillet. Layer half of tortilla with approximately one-third cup chicken and pepper mixture. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese. Fold over and flip tortilla to crisp other side.
- Repeat until all quesadillas have been prepared.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges, and serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutritional facts per serving: 270 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 2 g sugar, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein
Confetti Chicken Quesadillas Video Demonstration
Source: Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students.