Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Cauliflower Popcorn Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Cauliflower Popcorn Directions
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 425 degrees.
- Cut the core out of the cauliflower, then pull apart the florets into pieces about the size of popped corn or slightly larger.
- Put the cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet, add the oil and salt, and toss to mix well. Spread out the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and roast until the cauliflower is golden brown, about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Serve right away.
Make it spicy: When the cauliflower comes out of the oven, sprinkle it with 1–2 teaspoons ground cumin, smoked paprika, curry powder, or nutritional yeast.