Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Cost per recipe: $1.60
Cost per serving: $0.80
Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Brussels Sprouts Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay Brussels sprouts on baking sheet or oven safe skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Bake 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Nutritional facts per serving: 100 calories; 5g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 230mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 3g sugar; 0g added sugar; 5g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium
Brussels Sprouts Recipe Video Demonstration
Source: Adapted from USDA What’s Cooking? by Kentucky Nutrition Education Program