Makes 16 Servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Cost Per Recipe: $4.63
Cost Per Serving: $0.29
KY Sweet Potato Bread Ingredients
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
KY Sweet Potato Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay Brussels sprouts on baking sheet or oven safe skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Bake 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the margarine, and cream cheese.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, milk, orange juice, and orange peel. Mix well.
- Remove loaf from pan and spread the glaze over the top of the loaf.
Nutritional facts per serving: 150 calories; 4.5 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 5 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 200 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 10 g sugar; 3 g protein, 70% Daily Value of vitamin A; 6% Daily Value of vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium, 6% Daily Value of iron
Source: Plate It Up! Kentucky Proud