Makes 12 Servings
Serving Size: 3-inch square
Broccoli Cornbread Ingredients
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or cooked frozen broccoli, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box quick corn muffin mix
Broccoli Cornbread Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, blend melted margarine, onion, salt, cheese, broccoli, and eggs. Stir in muffin mix.
- Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is a golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
Note: For thicker bread bake in a 9-inch round pan and add 5-7 minutes onto the suggested cooking time.
Broccoli Cornbread Video Demonstration
Nutritional facts per serving: 140 calories; 6g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 1g trans fat; 55mg cholesterol; 330mg sodium; 17g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 4g sugar; 5g protein; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.
Sources: Rosie Allen, Area Nutrition Agent, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service; USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — SNAP