Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/6 of pie
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
• 2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
• 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low fat, condensed, cream of chicken soup
• 1 cup reduced fat baking mix
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 egg
Chicken Pot Pie Directions
- Wash hands and any cooking surfaces.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased, 9-inch pie plate.
- Stir baking mix, milk, and egg in a mixing bowl with fork until blended. Pour over vegetables, chicken, and soup mixture in pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Nutritional facts per serving: 180 calories; 3 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 55 mg cholesterol; 420 mg sodium; 25 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 13 g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 2% Daily Value of vitamin C; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron
Sources: University of Kentucky Nutrition Education Program; USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — SNAP