Serving Size: 1 cup
Recipe Cost: $5.25
Cost per Serving: $0.87
Strawberry Beet Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup orange-pineapple juice*
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned or cooked sliced beets
- 1 apple, cored and cut into eight pieces
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
*Note: You can substitute orange juice in place of orange-pineapple juice.
Strawberry Beet Smoothie Directions
- In a blender, combine juice and yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- Add sliced beets, apple, and banana. Puree until smooth.
- Add strawberries, and blend on highest speed until smooth, stirring as necessary.
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories; 0.5g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 55mg sodium; 24g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 19g sugar; 2g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin A; 24% Daily Value of vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron
Source: Jackie Walters, Extension Specialist Senior for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service