Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Snappy Pea Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, remove strings and stems; cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds; slice thinly crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Snappy Pea Salad Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Add snap peas, cucumber, bell pepper, carrots and green onion to the bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter or bowl to serve. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories; 12g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 490mg sodium; 16g carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 10g sugars; 3g protein; 90% Daily Value of vitamin A; 70% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron
Source: Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service