Yields 8 (1 cup) servings
Spring Harvest Salad Ingredients
- 5 cups torn spring leaf lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Kentucky honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup unsalted sliced almonds
Spring Harvest Salad Directions
- Combine leaf lettuce and spinach leaves with sliced strawberries, blueberries and green onion in a large salad bowl.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and salt; pour over lettuce mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salad with feta cheese and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts per serving: 130 calories, 9 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 240 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 3 g protein
Spring Harvest Salad Video Demonstration
Source: Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students