Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Cost per recipe: $6.18
Cost per serving: $1.03
Bourbon Street Chicken Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables and rice
Bourbon Street Chicken Directions
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Except for vegetables and rice, add the rest of ingredients to the skillet. Stir until well mixed.
- Bring to a hard boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook vegetables and rice according to package instructions.
- Serve chicken over vegetables and rice.
Nutritional facts per serving: 420 calories; 12g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 130mg cholesterol; 400mg sodium; 27g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 13g sugar; 10g added sugar; 49g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.
Source: District Four Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service