The following recipe printed in the 2021 Summer edition of the Oldham County Extension Newsletter.
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Cost per recipe: $10.98
Cost per serving: $2.20
Burger Bowl Dressing Ingredients
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Burger Bowl Salad Ingredients
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sliced tomato
Burger Bowl Directions
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Chop romaine lettuce and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef and seasoning salt, then divide into 15 mini burger patties.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers (cooking them in batches if needed), and cook about 4 minutes on each side, or until well-browned.
- To make the salad, place lettuce in 5 salad bowls and top with 3 mini burgers, red onion slices, cheese, and tomato slices. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition facts per serving: 250 calories; 10g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 60mg cholesterol; 710mg sodium; 17g carbohydrate; 6g fiber; 8g sugar; 3g added sugar; 26g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 30% Daily Value of iron; 25% Daily Value of potassium.
Source: Katie Shoultz, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service