Yields 4 (2 cup) servings
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan, grated
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Directions
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook one minute, until fragrant. Add chopped zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and green onions, and cook until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dried basil. Stir in zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and green onions. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, cook pasta in salted water about 7 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Toss pasta with vegetable mixture until incorporated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition facts per serving: 390 Calories, 16g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g sugars, 0 g added sugars, 10 g protein
Balsamic Veggie Pasta Demonstration
Source: Plate It Up! Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students