Yield: 8 slices
Zucchini Rosemary Pizza Ingredients
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (about 4 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Zucchini Rosemary Pizza Directions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, measure 4 cups of shredded zucchini. Stir in mozzarella cheese, oregano, egg, salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Spoon mixture onto pan to form a 1/2 inch high crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until mixture is set and slightly browned, being careful not to burn.
- Chop half of a red onion and the tomatoes into small diced pieces. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic and fresh rosemary.
- Spread the mixed toppings evenly over the baked crust. Spoon onion and tomatoes over the pizza. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is crisp or becomes slightly brown.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 90 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 4 g protein
Source: Plate It Up! Kentucky Proud Project; County Extension Agents for Family and Consumer Sciences; University of Kentucky, Dietetics and Human Nutrition Students