OLDHAM CO. EXTENSION EVENTS – Registration is required. Call 222-9453 to register.
- Oldham County Ag Connection – December 1 @ 6:00 pm. Natural Resources Conservation Service will discuss technical assistance & cost-share programs. Includes dinner.
- Tractor Maintenance Demonstration/Workshop – December 3 @ 9:00 am. TNT FARMS
- Understanding & Using EPD’s – December 15 @ 6:00 pm, SHELBY COUNTY EXTENSION. Guest Speaker Dr. Gordon Jones.
- Grain Crop Weeds/Herbicides & Private Pesticide Applicator Certification– January 12 @ 9:00 am, Guest Speaker UK Weeds Specialist Dr. JD Green
- Oldham County Cattlemen’s Association – January 19 at 6:00 pm, with Beef Specialist Les Anderson as our guest speaker. Dr. Anderson will share about the new X10D computer and phone app we can use for recordkeeping, networking, buying/selling, and learning about upcoming beef cattle programs.
- Oldham County Ag Connection – March 7 @ 6:00 pm. Katie Taylor, Director of the Farm Service Agency will discuss available programs. All farmers should be aware of these programs and connect with Farm Service Agency to see how they can assist you in your operation. Includes dinner.
- Master Gardener Classes begin March 9 @ 6:00 pm. A completed registration form and volunteer application are required to enroll. Contact Hope.Gardiner@uky.edu for details.
- For those interested in Beekeeping: https://ocbees.org/
- IN THE WORKS FOR 2023: Raising the Steaks and Chops, Master Cattleman, and Master Horseman
KENTUCKY NEWS & EVENTS
- Soybean Variety Trial Results Available: https://pss.ca.uky.edu/extension/soybean-variety-trials
- Corn Variety Trial Results Available: https://graincrops.ca.uky.edu/
- Grazing Conference Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrq6psn95pUyVwEKNxKyQ597WPmKilhTb
- MarketReady Training: https://marketready.uky.edu/events
- Grain Crops Pest Management Webinar Series https://www.kygrains.info/events/2022/11/8/2022-crop-pest-management-webinar-series